With the approaching vacations most of the people either plan to visit their relatives or go for a holiday trip. In order to have a safe and relaxing journey most of them prefer to travel via airways. Though airways is considered as the most convenient and comfortable way to travel from one place to another, there are some people who face certain health issues during their journey. If you are also planning to travel via airplane in the upcoming days and have a phobia of traveling via aircraft, this article is tailor-made for you.
If you often face health issues like motion sickness the following health tips can help you to a great deal.
· Avoid having late night spicy dinner and alcohol.
· Make sure that you get a window seat booked for you.
· Eat a healthy but light breakfast before boarding the flight.
· Drink plenty of juices and water.
· If you feel the symptoms of nausea keep your head still and relax in your chair. Make sure that the air vents are open.
Fear of flying
There are some individuals who have a phobia of flying and often experience discomfort during the flight. The ones who are boarding the flight for the first time also feel uneasiness. In order to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable journey following tips are highly effective.
· Relax in your chair and close your eyes at the time of take off and landing.
· Take deep breaths in order to relax your body.
· In order to drain off the tension, imagine things that you would do during your trip. The best thing is to enjoy the scenic beauty and panoramic views of the land from the window.
Inconvenience due to changes in cabin pressure
The inside pressure of the aircraft is liable to change at the time of landing and take off. The passengers having health issues like cold or infection in the respiratory track might feel discomfort as their ears might get blocked. To avoid this discomfort you can do the following:
· Drink boiled sweets and move your jaw regularly.
· Avoid sleeping at the time of landing and take off.
· The children can be made to drink fluids like milk, juice or sweets.
· Nasal drops can also be used as per the prescription of the physician.
Food and Drinks
The passengers are offered relishing cuisine on the flight but the changes in inside pressure can lead to discomfort and mild bloating. Following the below suggested tips can help you in enjoying your meal during the flight.
· Avoid eating heavy meals and alcoholic beverages. Instead of heavy meals you can go for fluids like juice and water.
· Excessive intake of coffee or tea is also not recommended as it might lead to dehydration.
Airplane Medical Kits
The contents of the medical kit of the aircraft are approved by the physicians. No additional medicines can be included without the approval of DGCA. Hence, the travelers are advised to carry the medication they might need during the journey.