True or False: Losing your job is the single most common cause of bankruptcy.
Most people believe the answer to this question is true, when it fact, it is false.
The single most common cause of bankruptcy today is getting sick. Indeed, disease can ruin your finances the way nothing else can, by hitting you with bills you cannot pay (and insurance won’t cover) not to mention robbing you of your income because you cannot work.
If for no other reason, avoiding bankruptcy is why it so important to create and follow a
healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life. And the best news is, it is easy to do with the following health tips!
Here are 5 of the best health tips anyone can implement into their life starting today to get them on the right track toward living a healthy lifestyle:
1. Move your body. Every single day. Even if it is for 10 minutes at a time, the human body was designed to move and too many Americans do not do this. Seriously, if you can only follow one of these health tips, this is the one to follow.
Contrary to what those TV advertisements lead you to think, you do not have to have a fancy gym membership to lead a healthy lifestyle. Dancing in your living room to your favorite music for 10 minutes here and there can really make a difference when done consistently. The secret is to build small segments of movement into your day rather than stressing out over not being able to get to the gym to do a “work out” for an hour. Small steps over time lead up to a long journey!
2. Healthy eating is not as hard as you might think. Simple, small changes can lead to big results in this department. Portion control is a huge factor here, as healthy eating has more to do with how much you eat at one sitting vs. what you eat. Ever notice the way cats graze throughout the day? Humans are designed to graze, too, eating small meals 6-10 times throughout the day. Doing this keeps blood sugar levels steady and minds alert and is a cornerstone of healthy eating.
3. Supplement. Even the best eaters who pride themselves on healthy eating can fall short of their daily recommendations for certain key nutrients. Adding a high quality supplement line to your daily regime is definitely one of the health tips you do not want to overlook. There are some very fine companies out there who offer consumers exceptional supplements that work. It pays to do a little research to find the best products for you. Choose carefully and the investment will pay off dividends over time as you stay well.
4. Sleep. Too many Americans complain of being tired all the time, often because they are not following tips 1-3! Seriously, a good night’s sleep is dependent upon several factors including elements of healthy living like exercise, healthy eating habits, and getting proper nutrition. Also, not watching television or being on the computer right before bed can help you sleep better through the night. Instead of exposing your brain to all that light and stimulation right before lights out, read a magazine or a few pages in a book before hitting the pillow.
5. Spend time with friends. Having a social life is one of the most important elements of healthy living there is. With communities breaking down all over the place, it is more important than ever these days to know you have some key people in your life to count on when times are tough. Healthy living depends upon many factors including our primary relationships with loved ones, family, and friends. And, should times get a bit dicey, with friends you know you will make it through the rough patch.
The key to making any changes toward a more healthy lifestyle is to take each of these health tips and break them down into manageable sizes. Pick one, do it until it becomes a habit, and then pick another. Lists like these are only as useful as the person actually doing what they suggest. But not doing anything at all could lead you to disaster, including bankruptcy. Take the time to start with one of these health tips today as part of your overall insurance policy against any future damage. You will be glad you did.